September - The Fulbright Commission in Ireland has launched its Awards for 2012-2013. These scholarships provide Irish and EU students, scholars and professionals with the opportunity to study, lecture and research at top universities and institutions in the US.
Visit www.fulbright.ie for further information and to apply.
The following awards are available:1. Fulbright Student Awards are available for postgraduate study or researchin the United States. Applicants may enrol for a postgraduate degree or conduct independent research e.g. as part of their Irish / European PhD programme. These are given for one academic year but students can remain in the US for the full duration of their programme if they wish. Grants are awarded averaging $18,500 up to a maximum of $25,000 and the minimum stay is 6 months.
Some of the more specialised Awards in this category include:
o Fulbright – CRH Award in Business Studies or Engineering
o Fulbright – University of Notre Dame LL.M Award in International Human Rights Law
o Fulbright - Environmental Protection Agency Award in Water, Climate Change and Environmental Health. 2. Fulbright Scholar and Professional Awardssupport academics, post-doctoral researchers or professionals with more that 5-7 years experience to spend 3-12 months researching or lecturing in the US. Grants are awarded averaging $6,000 up to a maximum of $20,000 and the minimum stay is 3 months.
The following is also open to Scholars/Professionals:
o Fulbright - Environmental Protection Agency Award in Water, Climate Change and Environmental Health
3. Fulbright Irish Language Scholar Award in the Irish Language to support scholar/professional to lecture or lecture / research 3-9 months. Worth a maximum of €50,000.
4. Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship Awards (FLTA) for 10 months of post-graduate study and Irish language teaching in the US. Worth a maximum of approximately €20,000.
How to Apply:
1) Visit www.fulbright.ie
2) Confirm you are eligible
3) Read and follow the guidelines
4) Apply as a student or scholar
Applications must include
- Personal Information & CV
- Personal Statement & or Research/Project Statement
- Transcripts if you are a student
- Samples of work for visual & performing artists
be submitted online AND in hard copy by NOON Friday 18th November 2011